Re: [O] Babel R source blocks problem

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Babel R source blocks problem
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 11:31:38 -1000

Aloha Chuck,

Charles C. Berry writes:

> I hope somebody recognizes that message. If not, here are som suggestions:
>

> #+NAME: alpha
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> "abc"
> #+END_SRC
>
> produces
>
> #+RESULTS: alpha
> : abc
>
> when you run `org-babel-execute-src-block'. Does changing "emacs-lisp"
> to "R" and running again erase the result or fail to insert it if
> you first run `org-babel-remove-result'?
>
> You have already checked that C-c C-v C-i for both versions yields
> identical results, right?
>
> If so, I'd instrument `org-babel-execute-src-block', execute and then
> type 'h' just before the `(org-babel-insert-result ... ' --- a couple
> of lines from the bottom --- once you enter edebug. Then `e' and
> `results' to see that it is what you suppose it should be. Then step
> thru the next few lines to insert the result. Then check the buffer to
> see what happened. If no result was inserted, then I'd instrument
> `org-babel-insert-result' and work from there.
>
> HTH,
>
> Chuck
>
> p.s. You are not trying to export this and depending on the exporter
> to run babel, right? Because there is another trick lying in wait...

That helped me find the user error, duplicate NAME.  Sorry for the
noise and thanks for the help.

Thanks, too, for asking about export. I'm giving a demo at a conference
this spring and the organizer has asked for a .rmd file, which is new to
me. I hope to produce it with your ox-ravel, also new to me, so I might
be pestering the list again :)

All the best,
Tom

--