Re: [O] Babel R source blocks problem

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Babel R source blocks problem
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 14:18:14 -0800

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

Aloha Chuck,

[snip]

Thanks, too, for asking about export. I'm giving a demo at a conference
this spring and the organizer has asked for a .rmd file, which is new to
me. I hope to produce it with your ox-ravel, also new to me, so I might
be pestering the list again :)

Fair enough!

If you are running org-9.0 or later, please use the `org-9-plus' branch (the default, now) of ox-ravel. It has a lot more capabilities than the old `master' branch. The code is cleaner, too. :-)

As far as .Rmd files go, =(require 'ox-ravel)= and (if not already done in your init) either =(require 'ox-md)= or selecting markdown from the customize menu should allow `C-c C-e r m' to export a buffer as .Rmd.

A look at the `slidify-example.org' file in the `org-9-plus' branch of my (chasberry) `orgmode-accessories' github repo might be a good start with .Rmd exports even if you do not want to use `slidify'.

Best,

Chuck