Re: [O] footnotes problems in split files on export to latex

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] footnotes problems in split files on export to latex
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 12:01:45 +0000

> Hello,
>
> Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Also, if I try to insert a footnote inside the parent file it try's to
>> renumber the footnotes, which then causes problems with the other child
>> files.
>
> I cannot see why it would cause problems with other included files.
> Footnote numbers are hermetic across included files. IOW you can
> have [fn:1] in the master document and in every included file.
>
> Could you show an ECM?

Unfortunately not. I can't even get my previous file to compile properly
as I've renumbered the footnotes in an attempt to get it working
properly, and I've also closed and restarted emacs, which destroyed any
ability to undo my actions.

However I'm now able to use the whole file, after restoring from backup,
without removing any sections into another file, so I can still work on
it.

But if it does happen again then I'll be able to give a better report.

Thanks
Sharon.

>> The file is only 1.4mbs, but it has does have 23,985 lines and it is
>> glacially-slow in navigating the file, and it does take up large
>> percentages of CPU usage. Is there any way in which I could somehow make
>> emacs change its capabilities to allow files with large number of line
>> numbers please?
>
> This is another, unrelated, issue. Please send a profiler report (using
> M-x profiler-start ...).
>
> Regards,

TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.6, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1