Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/a

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-only-exact-dates [9.0.4 (9.0.4-elpa @ c:/Users/atamulis/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170124/)]
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 23:16:02 +0100

Hello,

"Tamulis, Andrius" <address@hidden> writes:

> I note that in the latest version of orgmode, that the
> org-agenda-only-exact-dates variable is no longer "honored". It is set
> twice in org-agenda.el, but never checked, and so affects nothing.
>
> When this functionality was deleted,

This variable is not documented in the manual. It has no docstring
either. I see no functionality here, only an obscure dynamically scoped
parameter.

If I had to make a guess about its use, I would say it is an internal
variable for the Timeline functionality, which is removed from master.

> was any thought given to how one
> may recreate the action of this variable? That is, in orgmode
> 9.0.4, how can I create an agenda that only shows entries whose exact
> timestamp, scheduled or deadline, is the given day? And that ignores
> "Sched. nx" and "In m d." entries?

I assume binding both `org-deadline-warning-days' and
`org-scheduled-past-days' to 0 would be a start. Also, you could bind
`org-agenda-span' to `day'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou