Re: [O] Release 9.0.5

From: Jorge Morais Neto
Subject: Re: [O] Release 9.0.5
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 17:50:32 -0200

On 10 February 2017 at 11:53, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Org 9.0.5, a minor bugfix release, is out.
In Org 9.0.5, clock out notes are again stored below the corresponding
clock line, restoring the behavior of an earlier release.  There were
interim releases, up to 9.0.4, that stored the clock out notes /above/
the clock line. Users should be warned to fix clock out notes taken by
affected Org releases.  Existing important data following the interim
convention need to be fixed, transposing each affected clock out note
with the clock line.  If both conventions are mixed, then, to identify
which clock line corresponds to each clock out note, either the user
will need to remember the time period when they used an affected
release, or remember directly which clock out line corresponds to each
ambiguous note, or analise the version history of their Org files.  So
the longer the user takes to address the problem, the greater the
chance of data loss.  I think this issue is important.

Could we provide an Elisp function to fix this semi-automatically?

Regards
--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.