Re: [O] Latex summary

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Latex summary
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:55:10 +0000

On Monday, 13 Feb 2017 at 19:44, Russell Adams wrote:

[...]

> Eric, thanks for that really detailed input. I'll have to consider
> it. I worry that the keywords aren't like the full sentences I'm
> using.

Ah, okay.

Well, I'm not sure there is anything in LaTeX that does this as such but
you could play around with inline tasks.  You could use an inline task
to give the recommendation and then use

    org-latex-format-inlinetask-function

to specify your own function that would, for instance, output the
recommendation inline but also create an endnote (cf. endnotes LaTeX
package) for the summary at the end?

I do this for collecting TODO items when I'm writing a proposal or
paper.  My function looks like this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; define what to do with inline tasks: use endnote
  (defun esf/org-format-inlinetask-as-endnote (todo type priority name tags
contents info)
    "Format an inline task element for LaTeX export."
    (let ((theinlinetask (concat " " name ": " contents)))
      (if (and todo (not (equal todo "NOTE")))
          (format "\\endnote{%s}\\marginpar{\\fbox{\\tiny E\\theendnote. %s}}"
theinlinetask todo)
        (format "\\hl{%s}" contents))))

  (setq-local org-latex-format-inlinetask-function
              'esf/org-format-inlinetask-as-endnote)
#+end_src

Although I don't put any text inline, you could easily do so.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.4-242-g2c27b8