[O] org-vcard -- possible to convert .vcf files to .org ?

From: John Magolske
Subject: [O] org-vcard -- possible to convert .vcf files to .org ?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 22:49:49 -0800

Can org-vcard convert .vcf files into .org files? I have a .vcf file,
a list of contacts generated from an android phone, which I'd like to
edit, through a process like:

    contacts.vcf -> contacts.org

then after editing that contacts.org file do:

    contacts.org -> contacts2.vcf

so that contacts2.vcf can be re-imported to the phone.

I tried org-vcard-import along with:

    Source: file
    Destination: buffer
    Filename? /tmp/Contacts.vcf

which tells me:

    Imported contacts data to buffer ’*org-vcard-import*’

but that buffer is empty. Same when I select as Destination "file",
it produces an empty file.

I see org-vcard is "... a package for exporting and importing vCards
from within GNU Emacs' Org mode." So I'm thinking it should be
possible to do something like this, but I can't seem to get it
working.

TIA for any clarification,

John

--