Re: [O] Problem with noweb-ref property [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpaplus @ /home/r

From: Rainer Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with noweb-ref property [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpaplus @ /home/rainer/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170210/)]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 18:30:19 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Rainer Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have tried the following example of using noweb-ref:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :tangle yes :noweb yes :shebang #!/bin/sh
>> <<fullest-disk>>
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> * the mount point of the fullest disk
>>
>> ** query all mounted disks
>>
>> #+HEADER: :noweb-ref fullest-disk
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
>>         df \
>> #+END_SRC
>>

>> ** strip the header row
>>   :PROPERTIES:
>>   :noweb-ref: fullest-disk
>>   :END:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :noweb yes
>>         |sed '1d' \
>> #+END_SRC
>>

>> It was mentioned more than 5 years ago as creating problems:
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-12/msg00825.html
>>
>> Now I got the same problem as mentioned in the post of that time - the
>> created file contains only
>>
>> #!/bin/sh df \
>>
>> Missing is the second block.
>>
>> Any ideas why?
>
> See "Incompatible changes > Old Babel header properties are no longer
> supported" in ORG-NEWS.
>
> Regards,

thanks for the quick answer.

However, I have still problems. I have adapted the example,
http://orgmode.org/manual/noweb_002dref.html#noweb_002dref, in the
Orgmode handbook to the changed Babel header properties. However, the
generated file contained only "#!/bin/sh". I have activated property
inheritance for "noweb-ref" and moving the cursor on the #+BEGIN_SRC sh
lines shows that they have ":noweb-ref: fullest-disk" as header
argument.

org-use-property-inheritance is '("noweb-ref")

Here is the changed code from the Org mode manual:

#+BEGIN_SRC sh :tangle yes :noweb yes :shebang #!/bin/sh
  <<fullest-disk>>
#+END_SRC

* the mount point of the fullest disk
  :PROPERTIES:
  :header-args: :noweb-ref: fullest-disk
  :END:

** query all mounted disks

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
  df \
#+END_SRC

** strip the header row
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
  |sed '1d' \
#+END_SRC

** sort by the percent full
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
  |awk '{print $5 " " $6}'|sort -n |tail -1 \
#+END_SRC

** extract the mount point
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
  |awk '{print $2}'