Re: [O] Where to put dates on meeting headlines

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Where to put dates on meeting headlines
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 11:45:51 -0500

Searching for timestamps is not the issue, it is finding the right time
stamp associated with a headline.  For example, suppose in the meeting
notes I use time stamps to note past or future events, then a headline
could have many time stamps, and only one is related to the date of the
meeting.   Also, if you have logging on, when you mark the
meeting done, it will insert an inactive timestamp of when you closed it.

What I want to search for is a headline with a meeting tag, and a
timestamp on a particular day (even better if a range is possible since
I have conferences that are spread over a week for example). I might use
this, for example, at the end of the year to find all the scientific
conferences I had attended to put in an annual report, or all the
committee meetings, etc.

I guess the canonical place is probably the deadline, since after that
time the meeting should be "done". Then I can generate an agenda with a
query like this for meetings in the last two months:

meeting+DEADLINE>="<-2m>"

Since I had to search for how to do this (probably again ;), here is a
PSA on where to find how to do these searches:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/advanced-searching.html

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F