Re: [O] org-vcard -- possible to convert .vcf files to .org ?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] org-vcard -- possible to convert .vcf files to .org ?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:04:04 -0800

Saša Janiška <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> By the way, there is also a bbdb-vcard package that may be of use to you.
>
> I’ve migrated back to Emacs/Gnus/orgmode and wonder if there is
> something to sync contacts with the CardDav server(s)?
>
> Atm I use DAVDroid on the phone along with Baikal server and
> khard/vdrisyncer on my desktop so bbdb-vcard is helpful, but,
> unfortunately, I keep two address books (*.vcf files) and BBDB still
> cannot handle more than one BBDB file…the only other option seems to be
> ASynK which does not look very popular…

This is on the roadmap for EBDB[1]. It already supports multiple
databases, and can export to vcard. I'm working on vcard import now, and
when that's done it will be a native Vcard database. Then CardDAV. I
also use DAVDroid and really want this feature myself, though I can't
promise any kind of timeline!

Eric

[1]: https://github.com/girzel/ebdb