Re: [O] Searching for a headline

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Searching for a headline
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 11:32:07 -0800

Mark Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> On 02/26/17 18:28, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> I don't know the EPUB exporter. You probably could modify the Org source
>> itself instead of the output.
>
> I wrote it yesterday, the code's up at
>
>  https://github.com/ofosos/org-epub
>
> it's a little crufty, because I did write it for org 8 initially.

This is cool to see! It's something I always wanted for Org. A couple of
years ago I barely got off the ground with something I was
(optimistically) calling epub-mode, which would be a dired-based mode
for creating/editing Epub files. The idea was always to later add Org
export/publish support, to do what you're doing in this package.

I put together just the very beginnings of the package, I think it's
capable of unzipping and re-zipping an Epub file, and generating a new
(empty) template directory structure. Take a look and see if anything in
there is interesting to you -- I think its main strength is using esxml
to generate the XML files, so you don't have to do that with strings.
The idea was that that would also make it easier to manipulate resources
later on, while editing. Anyway, it ain't much:

https://github.com/girzel/epub-mode/