Re: [O] Searching for a headline

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Searching for a headline
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 13:34:00 -0800

Mark Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

> On 02/26/17 20:32, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>> I put together just the very beginnings of the package, I think it's
>> capable of unzipping and re-zipping an Epub file, and generating a new
>> (empty) template directory structure. Take a look and see if anything in
>> there is interesting to you -- I think its main strength is using esxml
>> to generate the XML files, so you don't have to do that with strings.
>> The idea was that that would also make it easier to manipulate resources
>> later on, while editing. Anyway, it ain't much:
>>
>> https://github.com/girzel/epub-mode/
>
> Oh, this is nice :) That's a very good use of esxml. I definitely like it.
>
> I thought about doing the zipping in `org-epub', but had to get some
> other stuff working first. But you already wrote the code :)

Now's when I admit to having stolen most of the zipping stuff from
ox-odt :)

And yes, I think keeping everything in sexps until the last possible
moment is going to make the whole project much more viable.

Anyway, see what you want to do with that. I'm still theoretically
interested in having a non-org-related package that can be used for
creating and editing Epub files, and then providing a secondary package
that publishes a set of Org files into Epub, using the first package.
But obviously I've been in no hurry to write this package :) Maybe your
work will inspire me to get off my butt; otherwise use the code as you
see fit.