Re: [O] "Which function for creating the link?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] "Which function for creating the link?
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 16:11:01 +0000

>>> "Nick" == Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
   >> org-store-link-functions is a variable defined in ‘org.el’.
   >> Its value is
   >>

   >> (org-mairix-store-gnus-link org-rmail-store-link org-mhe-store-link
   >> org-irc-store-link org-info-store-link org-gnus-store-link
   >> org-docview-store-link org-bibtex-store-link org-bbdb-store-link
   >> org-w3m-store-link)
   >>
   >> And org-store link takes the first entry. I prefer him to take
   >> org-gnus-store-link instead, how can I do this??
   >>

   > You are probably either loading explicitly org-mairix (from contrib)
   > or requiring 'org-mairix (explicitly or implicitly).

That is my feeling too, but I greped org-mairix in all my lisp files,
and found nothing.

   > Try

   >    emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal.el

I am not sure what minimal.el is supposed to be, but
emacs -q I might try.

   > and evaluate

   >   (org-store-link-functions)

   > The returned list should not contain org-mairix-store-gnus-link.

   > Then

   >   (load-file "/path/to/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-mairix.el")

   > and evaluate

   >   (org-store-link-functions)

   > The returned list will now contain org-mairix-store-gnus-link.

   > If you cannot find the place where org-mairix gets loaded (e.g with
   > find and grep), by using this method, you could bisect through your
   > init files to find it.

Yeah I was hoping to avoid this, but maybe I have to do it sigh.

   >> I have the feeling that this is relatively new (say from 2016).

   > I don't know why you are seeing it now, but I don't think anything
   > has changed in the mairix space for years.

Yes but there is a change proposed by John Kitchin which makes my suspicious

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-07/msg00047.html

Uwe