Re: [O] org-mode markup vs rst for general content

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode markup vs rst for general content
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:57:39 +0000

On Friday, 10 Mar 2017 at 16:14, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Now this is interesting. I have been using LaTeX for the last 20 years
> or even more, always with (X)Emacs + AuCTex. While I see the benefits of
> org mode (especially its excellent table support) I see its deficits (in
> my opinion) when it comes to editing mathematical equations.

I put complex mathematics within #+begin_export latex ... #+end_export
and open these with C-c ' which then puts me in AuCTeX mode so all the
convenience is still there.  Actually, I do this for tikz pictures as
well.

And, by the way, exporting to ODT with latexml conversions of the maths
works reasonably well these days...  although I do look forward to
seeing what John comes up with in ox-rtf!

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)