Re: [O] How to stop org delete surrounding newline when adding headlines

From: Shiyao Ma
Subject: Re: [O] How to stop org delete surrounding newline when adding headlines?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 21:21:06 +0800

Hi,

Not very urgent for me.  I only meant to check if such functionality exists.

I am now ok with the ((heading . nil)) stuff.  Maybe one day I get bothered with this behavior, I might write one and post here.

Regards.

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Shiyao Ma <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, I've tried with '((heading . auto)).
>
> '((heading . auto)) opens the possibility of inserting newline, which is
> not desirable for me.

Then there is no possibility to achieve what you want at the moment. We
could implement a `manual' behavior for both headings and lists. Do you
want to provide a patch for that?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou