[O] Bug: Errors when saving from babel block [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ ~/.ema

From: Alex Branham
Subject: [O] Bug: Errors when saving from babel block [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 17:07:17 +0100

In the latest org release (9.0.5), I get errors when trying to save a buffer
while editing inside a babel source block. I can reproduce this using Emacs
25.1 and 25.2rc2.

Using:

emacs -Q -l ~/org-debug.el

where org-debug.el just consists of (package-initialize) since I've previously
installed org 9.0.5 using ELPA:

Open an org file,

Try to edit an org file:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(+ 1 2)
#+END_SRC

Navigate inside the source block, press C-c '

Then try to save: C-x C-s

I get a fontification error at that point and the file does not save. If I use
my whole config, this apparently snowballs into larger errors which sometimes
cause Emacs to crash.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.9)
 of 2017-03-09
Package: Org mode version 9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)