Re: [O] evil-mode and org

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] evil-mode and org
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:37:16 -0500

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Peter Neilson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:57:40 -0400, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've never used Vim but I see a lot of people online raving about evil
>> mode
>> and how much they love it. I'm considering giving it a whirl after the
>> semester ends & I get some free time. I just wondered whether any heavy
>> org
>> users here on the list use evil, and if so, whether you see pain points
>> within org-mode -- my setup is pretty heavily customized, for instance,
>> and
>> I wonder whether that means it will be quite painful to use evil.
>

> You will also find people asking why anyone would ever think of using vim.
> One of those is Aaron Bieber.
> https://blog.aaronbieber.com/2016/01/30/dig-into-org-mode.html

I posted in response to John, but funny enough Aaron gives a talk on
evil-mode as well. From the talk he was a heaaavvvy vim user, so I
think it might be more accurate to say: "why would anyone use vim
*given emacs* (he came from vim, after all)?" Equally strong in his
talk (so I assume his philosophy in general) is: "why would anyone use
emacs keybindings *given vim's*?"

John