Re: [O] evil-mode and org

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] evil-mode and org
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:11:56 +0100

On Tuesday, 28 Mar 2017 at 12:57, Matt Price wrote:
> I've never used Vim but I see a lot of people online raving about evil
> mode and how much they love it. I'm considering giving it a whirl
> after the semester ends & I get some free time. I just wondered
> whether any heavy org users here on the list use evil, and if so,
> whether you see pain points within org-mode -- my setup is pretty
> heavily customized, for instance, and I wonder whether that means it
> will be quite painful to use evil.

I use evil and org all day long.  Basically, there is very little clash
between them so they co-exist very nicely.  One of the best things about
evil is that it is almost orthogonal to emacs and you can continue using
most C-x and C-c keymap bindings.

In my case, I did add a number of bindings to evil's normal and motion
keymaps to avoid typing C-c etc. as my motivation in using evil is to
avoid exacerbating my RSI.  Almost all my commands are non-chorded key
sequences.  I barely use the control, shift and meta keys in normal
use.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.1.1, Org release_9.0.5-391-g36c7cf