Re: [O] Evil-mode keymapping being overridden by org-mode (Brandon Amos)

From: Somelauw .
Subject: Re: [O] Evil-mode keymapping being overridden by org-mode (Brandon Amos)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 19:17:27 +0200

> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:40:40 -0400
> From: Brandon Amos <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Subject: [O] Evil-mode keymapping being overridden by org-mode
>
> Hi, I am mapping the "t" character in evil normal/motion modes to
> `evil-next-line` with the following. I am doing this mapping
> for reasonable navigation with the Dvorak layout.
>
>   (define-key evil-normal-state-map "t" 'evil-next-line)
>   (define-key evil-motion-state-map "t" 'evil-next-line)
>
> -Brandon.

Dear Brandon,

The easiest solution is to put these lines in your config.
You can modify these lines to the way you want.

(evil-define-key 'normal evil-org-mode-map
    (kbd "t") 'evil-find-char-to
    (kbd "T") 'evil-find-char-to-backward
    (kbd "C-t") 'org-todo
    (kbd "O") 'evil-open-above
    (kbd "H") 'org-shiftleft
    (kbd "L") 'org-shiftright)

If you are experimental you can also try this unofficial fork of
evil-org-mode by me, which doesn't bind t to 'org-todo by default:
https://github.com/Somelauw/evil-org-improved/tree/develop
As a Dvorak user, you may want to customize the
evil-org-movement-bindings variable to get some bindings right.