Re: [O] ANN: org-sticky-header

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] ANN: org-sticky-header
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:57:14 +0000

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 9:30 AM Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Adam,

this is great, I love it!

I am wondering if you would consider the possibility to show on only the most recent heading, but, space permitting, the outline path - maybe in reverse order as to keep the sticky heading itself in the left-most column.

Something like

*** current level | ** level above | * top level

you could use `org-get-outline-path' to get the other headings up the tree.

I don't necessarily think it should be the default, but it could be an option.

Cheers

On that note, there is also org-eldoc.el in contrib/ that sort of does what you want.

"sort of" because:

- Shows the breadcrumbs in the echo area instead of in header.
- Shows that only when point is on an org heading, not when in the body.

pasted1
--

Kaushal Modi