Re: [O] Bug: link beginning with parenthesis doesn't work [9.0.5 (releas

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: link beginning with parenthesis doesn't work [9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-474-g942b62 @ /home/joe/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:02:53 +0100

The (xxx) form for a link target, especially one outside of a block,
doesn't seem to have meaning within the document model that Org
understands.  So, yes, this explains *why* I am seeing the error
described above.  But I still think there is a legitimate bug report
here, since the behaviour is not likely to be expected by the user.
Someone in my position has no interest in code refs, I was only trying
to link to a bit of text in the buffer.  Saying "oh but you can't link
to this *one* kind of text" is perhaps a fair move.  On the other
hand, given that "following a link" just means "run a search process",
that search process *could* be smart enough to notice that "no coderef
was found, maybe the user meant to link to some plain text in
parentheses".  Then I wouldn't see an error.