Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro

From: Dushyant Juneja
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 15:32:55 +0000

A very useful macro indeed!

One suggestion: can this also be made to support nested headings. For instance:
* Part {{{c}}}
** Part {{{c}}}.{{{c}}}
* Part {{{c}}}

should export to:

* Part 1
** Part 1.1
* Part 2

I reckon this will be very useful when a paragraphs need to be broken into several subheadings for clarity/context management.

Dushyant

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:01 AM Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday,  8 May 2017 at 11:26, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to scratch a long-standing itch and introduce the "c"
> macro, which is basically a way to handle multiple counters in an Org
> document. So, the following document

This sounds like a very useful macro to have.  Some suggestions:

1. I would prefer the argument to be called "COUNTER" instead of "SEED"
as the latter is more commonly associated with random number
generators.  This would make the documentation clearer potentially.

2. I wonder if a second argument could be optionally available to allow
the counter to start at an arbitrary number and/or be reset?

I would definitely be using the macro for, as an example, in preparing
exams and courseworks where I often have to manually put the numbers in.

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.6-407-gc28ec3