Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 12:35:43 +0200

Hello,

> I like the idea of these counters, and I have use-cases for them.

Great.

> Here is a proposal for the manual entry
>
> This macro implements custom counters by returning the number of times
> the macro has been expanded so far while exporting the buffer.
> You can create more than one counter using different @var{NAME} values.  If
> @var{RESET} is non-empty, the specified counter is reset to the value
> specified if it is a number, or 1 otherwise. You may leave @var{NAME}
> empty to reset the default counter will be reset.

Thank you.

I removed the last "will be reset" and updated my patch accordingly.
I don't post it, however, so as to not flood the ML.

> A question regarding the last sentence of this proposed manual entry:
>
> is {{{c(,2)}}} allowed to reset the default counter?  I think is should be,
> but I have not tested this.

It does reset the default counter, indeed. There is no other way to
reset it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738