Re: [O] stable org-plus-contrib

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] stable org-plus-contrib
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 13:50:47 +0000

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 9:20 AM Phillip Lord <address@hidden> wrote:
Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

I'm afraid that I didn't note them carefully enough to report. I just
assumed I was on a unstable version.

Stable or not, a bug report would be always welcome.. that will help the unstable become stable :)

I can cope with being on an
something unstable in general, but don't really have the time to do this
for org also.

I can understand that, but really the master branch hasn't been that "unstable" for me.

Okay, so the last point release with bug fixes? It should be version
9.0 essentially?

It's the latest stable release (not necessarily a point release) plus bug fixes. The latest release as of today is 9.0.6 ( http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/log/?h=maint ).

> New big features get added to the master (devel) branch.
>
> That said, I have been using the master branch as my daily driver for over
> a year. As of now I don't see any bug that affects my workflow.

Well, you'd probably fix it if there was:-)

Well, most of the times, I just report them. The org dev community is very active and a reported bug usually gets fixed in a day or two.
--

Kaushal Modi