Re: [O] org to static site?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] org to static site?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 10:34:57 -0500

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Russell Adams
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:17:10AM -0400, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:
>> Nikola supports org-mode last I checked though?
>
> I think it tries to remotely call emacs to compile the org to html, but I
> didn't want the extra layers. Markdown is adequate.
>
>> I use Nikola, and find the documentation frustratingly incomplete, but not
>> so frustrating as to change :)
>
> Yeah, but IRC has been good for answering questions. I was able to get a
> minimal site with NO external links, libs, js,
> css, other crap, etc in a short time.

I'm intrigued. Do you have the sources or could you post the gist
somewhere? While the result looks more or less pretty, the bootstrap3
base was super intimidating with respect to changing anything. I
probably hunted for 30min or more just to figure out why changing the
navbar color didn't work. Turns out it was hardcoded to use the
navbar-inverse class instead of the regular navbar class!?

John