Re: [O] Bug: buffer local variables handled wrong [9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-

From: Stefan-W. Hahn
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: buffer local variables handled wrong [9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-497-g5bc540 @ /home/hs/.emacs.d/lib/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 11:52:03 +0200

Mail von Nicolas Goaziou, Sun, 04 Jun 2017 at 11:35:34 +0200:

Hello,

> "Stefan-W. Hahn" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > What I don't understand is, if I expand the pcase with (macrostep-expand) I
> > get the following:
> >
> > ,----
> > |     (let (res)
> > |     (dolist (pair (buffer-local-variables))
> > |       (if
> > |           (consp pair)
> > |           (let*
> > |               ((x
> > |                 (car pair))
> > |                (x
> > |                 (cdr pair)))
> > |             (let
> > |                 ((val x)
> > |                  (var x))
> > |               (push
> > |                (list 'set var val)
> > |                res)))
> > |         nil))
> > |     res)
> > `----
> >
> > And this is obviously wrong.
>
> This is not obviously wrong. You may be thinking that both `x' symbols
> are the same, but they are not. E.g.,
>
>   (let ((s1 (make-symbol "x"))
>         (s2 (make-symbol "x")))
>     (list (list s1 s2) (eq s1 s2)))
>
>   =>
>
>   ((x x) nil)

This I understand, but cannot see it in the macrostep-expanded code.
I will try learn more to understand this.

So it is obvoius now that you are a lisp magician of 8th grade. :-)

Thanks and kind regards,
Stefan

--
Stefan-W. Hahn                          It is easy to make things.
                                        It is hard to make things simple.