Re: [O] How do you organize a project and its related sub-tasks

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How do you organize a project and its related sub-tasks
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 07:50:16 +0100

On Sunday, 18 Jun 2017 at 20:45, Narendra Joshi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am curious about how people organize a project and its sub-tasks. For
> example, say building a website. Do you make the task a TODO task and
> then have TODO tasks under it? I don't like that the project appears in
> my org-agenda as a separate thing along with its sub-tasks. How do you
> handle this?

Depends.

For some projects, I have a single TODO entry but with [/] on the
headline and then with checklist items.  For other projects, especially
long ones, I have individual TODO items in a project file but that file
is not one of the agenda files so they do not clutter up my agenda.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.7-531-g530113