[O] [rows?] (was: org table toggle narrowing and true column hiding)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] [rows?] (was: org table toggle narrowing and true column hiding)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:00:14 +0000

   > Hello,
   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > I toyed a bit further with the idea, and re-designed the whole thing.

I tested it quite a bit yesterday. There was only one problem concerning
pabbrev mode which scans the buffer periodically and this scanning did
widen the columns at some point. One can try this out by running
(pabbrev-scavenge-buffer) in an org buffer with columns being narrowed:
the columns will widen. But I am not sure whether this is a bug of your
implementation. I am happy with turning pabbrev mode off in org buffers
with large table where I need to narrow.

BTW what's about hiding rows? For very long tables (~100 and more rows)
hiding can be convenient. I do that by running hide-region (a third
package found in elpa). But maybe that feature could be included in org
mode as well?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer