Re: [O] keybindings again...

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [O] keybindings again...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 16:56:31 +0900

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 14:27, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> It would be nice if the org manual mentioned that too, and give
>> alternative keybindings for use in the terminal because that's
>> extremely confusing.
>
> It does: (info "(org) TTY keys").

The alternative to M-S-RET is C-c C-x M = C-c C-x S-m

Why set an alternative like this when ESC RET S-<right arrow> does exactly the
same thing and is way shorter/more practical ?

> See also `org-replace-disputed-keys'.

After looking at the "big" manual, I found about speed keys which seem to be a
much more pragmatic approach to sorting that gui/tty key issue in org-mode. But
except for a small paragraph and a few items in the tty section I could not
find any reference to them, and nothing at all in the compact manual.

So, I have a few suggestions to improve that part of the documentation:
1) add a list of preset keys in the manual
2) add a line about speed keys in the compact guide

That's something I could do if the idea is accepted.

Jean-Christophe

ps: section C3 of the manual has this line about Sacha Chua: "Sacha Chua
suggested copying some linking code from Planner, and helped make Org pupular
through her blog." It should be "popular" not "pupular".