Re: [O] org babel, ess, R

From: Andreas Kiermeier
Subject: Re: [O] org babel, ess, R
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 12:05:35 +0930

Thanks Andreas. I am perhaps being to finicky. The problem with your approach is that you would end up permanently losing screen space for the R session. I don’t want the R session obstructing my writing when I am not working on code blocks. Ideally, the R session should appear only when I am editing the code blocks in an edit buffer.

Vikas

​Fair enough. I guess it comes down to personal preference.​
If I have emacs maximised, I "need" to split the frame into two windows - otherwise a single window is too wide (and I don't have a wide screen monitor).
Because I use this set up for running data analyses and writing reports, it has the benefit that I can refer to output and calculations at any time.
But, each to their own.
Cheers,
AK