Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org mode moves to GNU emacs core
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 09:28:17 +0200

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not sure whether I understand that discussion in emacs dev
> correctly. Will orgmode be moved into the GNU emacs try as it was done
> with gnus?

for the record, I would be in favor of this.  Why?

- Less installation headaches
- Less maintainance and backward-compatibility headaches
- Possibility of having etc/TODO in Emacs using org-mode
- Attracting Org developers/contributors to Emacs repo

As a maintainer, I don't see any advantage of having Org
maintained as an ELPA package.

--
 Bastien