Re: [O] [RFC] Shrink columns dynamically

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Shrink columns dynamically
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 19:47:26 +0000

>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

    > Hello,
    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

    >> This is the patch I applied and tested? If so, I think it is a very good
    >> thing and should be in master.

    > This is the same patch, along with the complete removal of old column
    > narrowing using width cookies.

Removing, oh oops

I just was faced with a table which just contained 3 columns but very
many rows. In second column however was very wide, it contained titled
of journals. So 'cutting' them to half was sufficient to identify them
but allowed me to see the third column. So I say narrowing and hiding
are two useful features. I would not say one can substitute the other.
Hiding is useful if I have very many small columns but narrowing for
very wide columns.

So please do not remove narrowing.

Uwe Brauer