Re: [O] Ruby or Python or Something

From: Adam Jackson
Subject: Re: [O] Ruby or Python or Something
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:27:26 +0000

Hi Byung-Hee,

org-mode itself uses emacs lisp as the programming language for development and extension and you may need to use a little lisp to access some of the features.

However, if you are interested in learning Python and/or Ruby I highly recommend you look at the org-babel features: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/ .
This allows you to mix up code blocks with your notes and links for an interactive "notebook" similar to Jupyter. (If you haven't tried Jupyter, you really should look at that too!)
These blocks will appear as formatted code blocks in your output HTML or LaTeX. I use it as a lab notebook.

All the best,
Adam

Message: 2