Re: [O] Ruby or Python or Something

From: Axel E. Retif
Subject: Re: [O] Ruby or Python or Something
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 05:55:21 -0500

On 07/17/2017 05:27 AM, Adam Jackson wrote:

Hi Byung-Hee,

org-mode itself uses emacs lisp as the programming language for development and extension and you may need to use a little lisp to access some of the features.

However, if you are interested in learning Python and/or Ruby I highly recommend you look at the org-babel features: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/ . This allows you to mix up code blocks with your notes and links for an interactive "notebook" similar to Jupyter. (If you haven't tried Jupyter, you really should look at that too!)

I also recommend to take a look at John Kitchin's YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQp2VLAOlvq142YN3JO3y8w

He uses extensively Emacs org-mode, Python and LaTeX.

Best

Axel