Re: [O] How to wavy/double underline an org-mode link?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] How to wavy/double underline an org-mode link?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 13:22:25 +0200

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm writing a document that is available in two formats, one a pdf file
> and the other a paper copy of it, and its been pointed out to me that
> some sentences don't seem to make sense in the paper copy. When I've
> looked at that particular sentence in the source document, an org-mode
> file, I see that the relevant section is actually an org-mode link.
>
> So what I'm looking for is something like a wavy underline under each of
> the org-mode links which will appear in both versions. But how do I do
> it please? It will need to be a generalised command, meaning that it can
> very easily be applied as there are 387 links to be adjusted!
>
> I've found that I can underline each org-mode link by putting '_' before
> and after each link, which is then exported to a latex file and built
> into the pdf and does work. But, I am already underlining each glossary
> entry in the main body of the text, so to differentiate I would like
> either a wavy underline, or a double underline. But how please?

Is the paper copy a printed version of the pdf (i.e. generated via latex)?
If so, I would guess that you could customize the way links are printed by
hyperref.  There are various ways to do this.  Wavy underlines might be a
fair bit of work, but normal underlines should be doable.  This is what I
use, possibly with a thinner line (<1).  I am not sure it will show when
printed, though.  There might be an option to keep them.

    \hypersetup{pdfborderstyle={/S/U/W 1}}

Otherwise, you might be able to use something like the command in this
post.

    https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/311143

Hope it helps,
Rasmus