[O] Help resolving CUSTOM_ID based links that point to outside current s

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Help resolving CUSTOM_ID based links that point to outside current subtree scope
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 19:17:34 +0000

Hello,

Is there a way to make org-export-resolve-id-link look for link resolution outside the current scope?

I just threw in a (save-restriction (widen) ..) inside org-export-resolve-id-link, and that of course did not work (and thus this email).

Below is a little example:

* Link source
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: link-source
:END:
- Link to [[#link-dest][Link dest]]
** Link dest
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: link-dest
:CUSTOM_ID: link-dest
:END:

- I would like to export just the "Link source" subtree (let's say C-c C-e C-s t A), and have the link resolve to the "link-dest" CUSTOM_ID.
- To put this the other way, I want to export just the subtree, but look at the whole buffer for link resolution.

I know that does not make sense, but I need that for the Hugo exporter backend.

Application: I have one subtree (Hugo post) containing a CUSTOM_ID based internal link to some other subtree (Hugo post), and I want to retain the link reference. Hugo would then figure out the rest.

What function could I advice and with what to make this happen?

Thanks.
--

Kaushal Modi