Re: [O] ANN: org-super-agenda

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] ANN: org-super-agenda
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 11:40:24 +0100

Hi Adam,

thanks for the long email explaining the process and issues.

I've updated to latest version.

> Well, as it stands, this package is mainly a way to group together items
> that the standard agenda view (i.e. the org-agenda-list function) has
> gathered.

Understood.  I guess my challenge is understanding how to specify what I
want in your super agenda specifications.  For instance, how do I get a
list of tasks with deadlines as a separate entry?  How do I get
un-prioritised TODO entries listed?  These all come at the end, in the
"catch-all" section, for me which is not what I want.  The same with the
clock report: it would be good to be able to place this where I want
it.

I have my own customised view where I have the following:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ("v" "Startup View"
   (
    (todo "INPR" (quote(org-agenda-overriding-header "Currently active tasks:
")))
    (todo "WAIT" (quote(org-agenda-overriding-header "Tasks waiting on others:
")))
    (todo "POST" (quote(org-agenda-overriding-header "Tasks for sometime later:
")))
    (agenda "" ((org-agenda-time-grid nil)
                (org-deadline-warning-days 365)
                (org-agenda-entry-types (quote (:deadline)))
                (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote scheduled))
                (org-agenda-ndays 1)
                (org-agenda-overriding-header "Unscheduled upcoming
deadlines:")))
    (agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 1)
                (org-deadline-warning-days 1)))
    (todo "" (quote(org-agenda-overriding-header "Unscheduled No Deadline TODO:
")))))
#+end_src

and I would like to mimick some of this behaviour.  Mind you, I can
simply use my view, of course!

> So the question becomes, how many Org agenda functions do I want to copy
> into my package and be responsible for fixing?

Probably not too many :-)

>> 3. a clock summary (equivalent to what one gets with "v c" in standard
>>    view)
>
> I confess that I have never used this feature before you mentioned it.

It's a useful feature but annoying in the default behaviour in that it
is either this or not at all.  (view log will display clocking
information but also task completion etc. which is more info than I
usually want [I know which jobs I finished])

> I will look into this and push it to the repo if it works.  Please let
> me know if you have any other ideas or suggestions.

Thanks.  I'll keep playing on and off.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-573-g09e612