Re: [O] Worg -- search mailing list archives on gmane?

From: Nick Dokos
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 14:23:44 -0400

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:

> When attempting to use the mailing list search tool on Worg, the web browser
> says:
>
> "search.gmane.org’s server DNS address could not be found."
>
> Here's a link to the Worg page with the search button:

Gmane went down last summer, changed hands and has not been
completely resurrected yet: the nntp portion works but the
search capability is not. See

   http://home.gmane.org/

Disappointingly, there has been no update since last September.

> Why does it search gmane and not the archives on list.gnu.org?

IME, searching list.gnu.org is an exercise in frustration. I think the
hope was that gmane search would be back shortly, but that
increasingly looks like a pipe dream.

FWIW: Although I read the mailing list through the gmane newsgroup, I
did not turn off the mailing list completely: I subscribe to the
digests which I save locally. That's what I use for searching.

--
Nick