[O] org-babel-expand-src-block behavior

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] org-babel-expand-src-block behavior
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 06:40:47 +0200

Hi,

I've just learned about =org-babel-expand-src-block= (from [1]) which seems
like an improvement over =org-edit-special=, because variables are expanded.

But I notice two issues with it, and I'm wondering if these are intentional or
bugs, or if there are work-arounds.

First, the buffer is read-only (which someone else claims is a bug [2]), and
second, if I make changes and then exit the expanded block (via C-') without
saving, the changes are lost. If I enter =org-edit-special= and exit w/o
saving, the changes are propagated back to the buffer.

Cheers,

  -k.

Org version:
Org mode version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-68-g492420-elpaplus @
/Users/mankoff/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170807/)

[1]
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/34821/pass-variable-from-src-block-to-org-edit-src-code

[2]
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/29368/org-babel-noweb-expansion-when-sending-c-c-buffer-to-python-shell