[O] Fill column indicator and org indent mode

From: Galen Menzel
Subject: [O] Fill column indicator and org indent mode
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:58:09 -0700

Hi all,

I use Semantic linefeeds for a lot of my org files, for which having a visual indicator of column 80 is useful. I'm currently using fill-column-indicator for this, but the column indicator does not adjust for the indention level when using org-indent-mode — it just draws straight down on column 80 of the frame, regardless of the line's indention level. (So in a line under a level-3 headline with org-indent-indentation-per-level set to 2, the fill column indicator will appear on column 80 of the frame, which is actually column 76 of the line.)

Is anyone aware of a solution to displaying the fill column in a way that takes the indention level into account?

Thanks!

Best,

Galen