Re: [O] babel, matlab export plot to png fails

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] babel, matlab export plot to png fails
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:29:34 +0000

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday, 16 Aug 2017 at 17:48, Berry, Charles wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> org 9.0.9 and FWIW, I see this
>
> [...]
>
>> in org-babel-execute:octave
>
> But I get the following error message from babel/octave:
>
> error: invalid call to script /usr/share/octave/4.0.3/m/miscellaneous/ans.m
> error: evaluating argument list element number 1
>
> Strange.  It looks it is expecting to collect the result from the script
> (ans).  What exactly did you use as the src block header?

To be clear, I do not have either matlab or octave. I just glanced at the code
and it seemed to do something along the lines of what your posting might have
done when instead `:results graphics :file my.png' is given.  A critical piece
is that org-babel-insert-result needs to have a nil result to avoid overwriting
the file given in `:file my.png' as it seems to do for Neil.  I didn't see how
that would happen for the example you gave.

Sorry if this was misdirection.

Chuck