Re: [O] Firefox extension "Org-capture" stopped working after update

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: [O] Firefox extension "Org-capture" stopped working after update
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 07:15:02 +0100

Dear Adam,

    Adam> Colin Baxter <address@hidden> writes: Hi Colin,

    >> You can also launch conkeror using palemoon, and this looks like
    >> the future.

    Adam> Thanks, I have heard of conkeror but never got around to
    Adam> trying it.  I'm not sure what you mean about launching it from
    Adam> palemoon though.  Why would you do that?

Conkeror is "just" a bunch of javascripts. You need a runtime
environment, like Gecko or XULRunner, to launch it. As we know, Mozilla is no
longer actively developing XULRunner. One option is to use Gecko or Goanna
(or XULRunner) in palemoon and launch conkeror by means of the app
switch, as in

palemoon --app /path/to/conkeror/application.ini "$@"

See http://www.conkeror.org/.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter
address@hidden
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8