Re: [O] [Feature request] LaTeX blocks preview

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature request] LaTeX blocks preview
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 10:57:12 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> I would like to ask if it is possible to preview latex blocks. Something
> like this (replace EXPORT with SRC, if you wish):
>
>          #+BEGIN_EXPORT latex
>          \begin{align}
>            I_{0}
>            & > \max{(\lambda_{f}^{2})}
>            \\
>            & > 2^{2}
>            \\
>            I_{0} & > 4
>          \end{align}
>          #+END_EXPORT
>
> to be previewed in the same way as
>
>          \begin{align}
>            I_{0}
>            & > \max{(\lambda_{f}^{2})}
>            \\
>            & > 2^{2}
>            \\
>            I_{0} & > 4
>          \end{align}

It is not possible in the general case. The export block is not
guaranteed to contain a complete environment; it isn't necessarily
displayable either.

> - Related ::
>    - org-edit-latex-mode
>      There is org-edit-latex-mode, but it requires  some extra work:
>      1. org-edit-special (C-')
>      2. org-edit-latex-preview-at-point (C-c C-p C-p)
>      3. org-edit-src-exit (C-')
>
>      Besides, the preview does not stay in the original Org-mode buffer,
> but it's lost with step 3.

I think this is an acceptable workaround. I think AucTeX has its own
previewing mechanism, so step 2 may not be required.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou