Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 15:07:42 +0200

Hi Adam

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Adam Porter <address@hidden> wrote:

> ;; Regular comment
> ;;; Heading level 1
> ;;;; Heading level 2
>
> Then any comment that starts with 3 or more semicolons is indented to
> the left edge and becomes a collapsible heading, regardless of the
> indentation of the code under it.

I assume in the above sentence you meant that a comment to be a
heading has not to be indented. That is at least what I observed, and
was able to change:

In the setup code you provided (to be used with plain Outline minor
mode without outshine) with

  (setq outline-regexp "\\(;;[;]\\{1,8\\} \\|\\((defun\\)\\)")

when " *" is added at the beginning to respect indentation

  (setq outline-regexp " *\\(;;[;]\\{1,8\\} \\|\\((defun\\)\\)")

the indented comments are also considered a heading.

This makes me believe that in Outline major mode and maybe partly also
in Org mode even this

* Heading level 1
  * Heading level 2

could be made to work by tweaking outline-regexp and outline-level.

Michael