Re: [O] help with beamer and org: pictures alignment and size

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] help with beamer and org: pictures alignment and size
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:52:41 +0100

On Wednesday, 30 Aug 2017 at 12:35, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm producing my first beamer presentation via org-mode, and so far so
> good. However I would like to have a slide to display a few pictures,
> one per row or even in a grid, so I tried the following:
>
> ** My slide
> #+ATTR_LATEX: width=0.1\textwidth

First of all, it depends on what version of org you are using.  Assuming
you are using a recent version, your syntax here is wrong; it should be:

  #+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.1\textwidth

>    - [[./images/debian.png]]
>    - [[./images/redhat.png]]

Secondly, the attribute will only apply to the first image (I believe)
so you will need to repeat the attribute setting.  Actually, it may
apply only to the item and not the image.  You many need to do something
like this:

#+begin_src org
  -
    ,#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.1\textwidth :center nil
    [[./images/debian.png]]
  -
    ,#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.1\textwidth :center nil
    [[./images/redhat.png]]

#+end_src

If you are using an older version of org, I highly recommend upgrading
especially if you intend to use beamer.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.10-715-g8b5b2c