Re: [O] LaTeX > PDF blocked by extender chars in filename

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX > PDF blocked by extender chars in filename
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:06:21 +0200

Hello,

Eduardo Mercovich <address@hidden> writes:

> Rounding up:
> + if we include the grffilesetup options "{filenameencoding = utf8,
> space}", and
> + insert the filename as it is,
> + the pdf is exported and the referenced file is correctly included.
>
> Nicolas, does this means we should modify these little things in Org?

Unfortunately these are not "little things".

First, I assume "filenameencoding" is not necessarily utf8, so it cannot
be a default value.

More importantly, there is an ongoing issue with link encoding, which is
debated in another (moribund) thread. IOW, "insert the filename as it
is" is not easy, because Org needs to encode file names, but doesn't
know for sure when a file name has been encoded.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou