Re: [O] Export subtrees of level n

From: Joon Ro
Subject: Re: [O] Export subtrees of level n
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 17:26:05 +0000

> 2.  Write a function to look up the tree from point and export the first
> subtree with a certain property.
I thought about implementing the second approach. I have slides for
several talks in the same org file. Since I mostly need this
functionality when I'm developing slides, just going up from point until
reaching the desired heading is easy to implement.

If you can implement this, that would be great as I find myself doing this all the time as well. Currently what I do is make sure to export the right subtree first, and then start using "\C-u\C-c\C-e". I bind f5 to "\C-u\C-c\C-e" with the following in my init file:

(fset 'export-last-subtree
      "\C-u\C-c\C-e")

(eval-after-load "org"
  '(progn
     (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "<f5>") 'export-last-subtree)))