Re: [O] function for inserting a block

From: Josiah Schwab
Subject: Re: [O] function for inserting a block
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 11:31:16 -0700

Hi Eric,

>> We cannot bind it to "C-c i", this is a reserved key-binding. But we can
>> suggest users to do so in the manual. Or find another binding.
>
> That's fine. Incidentally, why is "C-c i" reserved? It's not bound to
> anything here. Does it look like <TAB> in terminal Emacs?

The keybinding convention docs say:

Don't define C-c letter as a key in Lisp programs. Sequences consisting
of C-c and a letter (either upper or lower case) are reserved for users;
they are the only sequences reserved for users, so do not block them.

See
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Key-Binding-Conventions.html

Josiah