Re: [O] setting local variables

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] setting local variables
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 13:48:55 +0200

Hi,

(Sorry for replying to this old thread which I am only reading now)

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I'm writing an Emacs manual in Org, using
>>> https://github.com/tarsius/ox-texinfo-plus to make things a bit
>>> easier.
>>
>> I don't know that library, but as a biased POV, it would be nice to use
>> "ox-texinfo" and let us know about its shortcomings. Just saying.
>
> Oh I don't think it's about shortcomings, just about having a version
> that's tweaked specifically for writing Emacs manuals. I _really_ want
> my packages to have info manuals, and I _really_ don't want to learn how
> to write texinfo. I saw Rasmus' Org manual in org, and it looked like a
> lot of work. Then I noticed that the Magit manuals used this
> texinfo-plus thing, and it seemed good enough.

It was Thomas S. Dye who ported the Org manual in Org

    https://github.com/tsdye/orgmanual

FWIW I like to see general tweaks added directly to ox-texinfo to the
extend it’s feasible.

Rasmus

--
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they are not