Re: [O] Automatic mtime and ctime on all or select group of trees?

From: Jorge Morais Neto
Subject: Re: [O] Automatic mtime and ctime on all or select group of trees?
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 13:47:07 -0300

[unfortunately the first email went only to Adam Porter; now I address the list]
On 2 September 2017 at 22:10, Adam Porter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing that, I didn't even remember org-expiry.  Very clever
> use of it!  You seem to know more about elisp than you give yourself
> credit for.  :)
Thank you for the encouragement!

>> Suggestions welcome.  It currently
>> gives compile warnings, which I ignore for now:
>>
>>     J-org.el:18:1:Warning: defcustom for ‘J-insert-created’ fails to specify
>>         containing group
>
> You can fix that by adding e.g. ":group 'org" to the defcustom.
> Normally the defcustom would pick up whatever group was last defined in
> the same file.

Thank you for the tip.  But instead of adding precisely what you
suggested, I have added “:group 'org-expiry”.  The warning is gone and
the option does show up when I invoke customize-group and type
“org-expiry”.  I have run some other minimal tests and it seems to be
working.

Regards

--
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z